I started with a generic cake recipe from the back of a Betty Crocker cake mix box, then I went rogue! Here's how you can reinvent the magic:
- Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix in Devil's Food
- 1/2 cup Canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package Andes chocolate mints
- 1 container whipped chocolate icing
- 1 container holiday sprinkles
- foil baking cups
Tools: Hand mixer, large mixing bowl, muffin pan, chopping knife, ice cream scoop, spatula
1. Heat oven to 350F
2. Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in mixing bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Then unwrap anywhere from 18-24 Andes mints and chop into slivers.
4. Add mint slivers and fold them into the mixture with a spatula.
5. Fill baking cups 2/3 full with mixture.
6. Bake for 18-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Add holiday-inspired flourishes as desired. TIP: the mint and chocolate combo is even better when you refrigerate them.
I brought a dozen to my Hubby's office and they were gone in minutes! Enjoy ~